Friday, November 28, 2008

Meeting with Dr. Cooper

Well we had a GREAT meeting with Haven's Pediatrician, Dr. Cooper on Wednesday before the holiday. We spent about 2 hours with her - amazing how fast time flies when you have so much to talk about. Really I didn't know what we were going to do at this meeting and I didn't know where to start. But once we started talking it was easy.

We received A LOT of information and copies of recent articles written by other doctors about Haven's syndrome.

We received official copies of Haven's medical records with our latest meetings of doctors. We also received her last sleep study report. I found out things I didn't know just last Wednesday. No one had told us some of this stuff. So I'm a bit shocked.

The next few posts are very much like going to med school...or at least I feel like I'm back in undergrad classes! Read it if you would like - it helps me to put things down and do a cross comparison. It's like making a list and checking it twice.

I can't believe what we didn't know or were in denial of. Thank you Dr. Cooper for all your help and thank you to Nurse Peggy for hanging out with Haven for 2 hours and playing with her!

No comments:

Post a Comment